The Esports Digital Certificate Program offers you a flexible way to develop the skills you need. Learn about tournament design, coaching and training, sponsorship and fan engagement, and more in challenging courses designed by experts in the field.
Esports Ecosystems: Past, Present, and Beyond Gaming
Learn about the history of esports, the evolution of the field, and new avenues for alternative revenue streams.
- Summarize the history of the esports field
- Identify current trends in esports
- Explain the inequities surrounding gender and diversity in the esports field
- Assess new esports revenue streams for viability
Athletic Content and Viewer Engagement
Examine the idea that esports is not just about the competitive athlete, but more about the fans and how to create community and engagement among them.
- Identify ways to be inclusive and empower viewers
- Build an inclusive engagement plan to ensure fan diversity and equity
- Evaluate various models for amplifying audience engagement based on data analysis
- Execute live stream functions and tasks
Hype, Engagement, and Sponsorship
Learn about fan engagement and how to leverage sponsors and use data to determine appropriate strategies to employ.
- Use data to identify the target audience
- Construct a compelling storyline for the target audience
- Build an inclusive engagement plan to ensure diverse market reach
- Discover distribution channels and how to leverage them to create fan awareness
Esports Influencers and the Path to Monetization
Learn how to motivate athletes to improve their performance, offering training techniques and the latest technological advancements. Negotiate player contracts and articulate expectations for all stakeholders.
- Engage in a player contract negotiation as both a player and tournament lead
- Define branding rights and expectations of each stakeholder
- Discover training techniques to enhance performance improvement including health and wellness and mental stamina
Tournaments: Design to Execution
Learn about the various games as well as the associated communities, designs, and organizations. Examine budgeting, pricing, and fee structures associated with successful tournament execution.
- Examine tournament designs and organization models through case studies and ensure diversity and inclusivity
- Compare pricing, structures, and licensing agreements
- Articulate the various components of a tournament infrastructure
Participants who have registered for an esports course can receive a partial refund if the participant has not viewed any of the program material on the Canvas site. No refund is available for participants who have accessed or viewed the program material on the Canvas site.
You will have access to the training for 45 days or until the training has been completed. Once you have been enrolled for 45 days or completed the training (whichever occurs first) you will be removed from the training and no longer have access to the materials.
Please note: Once you begin the modules you cannot get a refund. If applicable, participants can be granted a partial refund of $225 which constitutes the registration fee minus a $25 service charge. No other refunds are offered.
For questions or concerns related to the esports courses, contact Sophie Priest at email@example.com.