- Learning Institute Registration -
2021 - 2022SY
March 22 - 24, 2022
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM - Tuesday
Reception: 5:00 PM
The NC Homeless Education Program's Annual Learning Institute is designed for participants to ensure compliance in their LEAs. The Learning Institute provides opportunities for homeless liaisons to acquire strategies and best practices in identifying, enrolling, and serving children and youth experiencing homelessness. In addition, this year's Learning Institute will provide Trauma-Informed Care training along with strategies and best practices related to supporting students and staff who have been impacted by the pandemic.
Due to social distancing and other pandemic precautions, this year's Learning Institute will be limited to the designated homeless liaison within each public school unit and specific charter schools selected by the State Coordinator.
Registration is required for participation in the Learning Institute, which includes payment of an administration fee.
- An administration fee of $100.00 must be submitted before registration for the event is final. Payment of the administration fee is an allowable expense with both subgrant and ARP funding.
- Registration deadline and submission of administration fee or purchase order is due Thursday, March 10, 2022.
Participants are responsible for making their own hotel room reservations no later than February 28, 2022 at the number listed below.
- Due to COVID-19 hotel precautions, all room reservations must be single occupancy.
A special group rate for the nights of March 21, 22, and 23 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) has been negotiated at the state per diem rate of $119.27 per night, which includes:
- Full breakfast buffet for overnight guests of the hotel
- Complimentary self-parking (special valet parking rate of $15.00 a day is also available)
- To receive the special group rate, individuals must identify themselves as members of the NC Homeless Education Program (NCHEP) when making their reservation. All reservations must be received by the group cut-off date listed above.
- Please make your hotel room reservations by phoning 252-728-3000.
Other Hotel Information:
- Beaufort Hotel is comprised of multiple buildings. Access from the hotel rooms to the meeting spaces is via a covered, but not enclosed, walkway. Please consider this in the event of inclement weather.
- Please remember to prepare for the possibility of chilly meeting rooms. Temperatures may vary in rooms due to COVID-19 regulations.
Registration cancellations must be made by Tuesday, March 15, 2022. A processing fee will be charged and you will receive a refund check in the mail for $10.00 less than you paid. Registration cancellation requests should be directed to Erin Goodman. However, if the hotel or NCHEP are required to cancel due to the pandemic, a notification and full refund will be provided.